Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Cool Cucumber Soup( Oi naengguk)

Cool Cucumber Soup/ Oi naengguk

It is very hot outside. When ever I see this bright and natural light from sun in summer my thoughts will run around my childhood days. As my thoughts are running and running, my mind is also became very hot. I want to have something cool and refreshing, so I made this soup, Oi naengguk. I know what you are thinking right know. You are thinking something happened to me because of my thoughts and writing something, but no, I am OK. Now, a beautiful smile on your face :-), a million dollar worth.



Oi neangguk is an Korean soup Which is made with cucumber. This cucumber soup is quick, cool and refreshing, and perfect for summer. You can adjust seasoning, more sugar if you like it sweeter or more chilli peppers if you like spicy.

Naengguk refers to all kinds of cold guk (soups) in Korean cuisine, mainly eaten in summer. It is so called changuk, which literally means "cold soup" in pure Korean, while the term naengguk is a combination of a hanja word and a pure Korean word with the same meaning.

     
                                              
Serves: 1 or 2 persons
Time: 10 min

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 Cucumber
  • 1/2 Garlic
  • 1/2 Green chili
  • 1 Green onion 
  • 1/2 Vinegar
  • Salt  as per taste
  • 1 tsp Fish sauce (If don't have fish sauce, so add soy sauce)
  • 1/2 tsp Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp Sesame seeds
  • 1 cup Water
  • 2 Ice cubes

Method:
  • Cut cucumber lengthwise like  matchsticks.
  • Mince one clove of garlic and chop up a green onion( I added 1 tsp onion pieces instead of green onion)  and a green chili. Add them to the cucumber strips in the bowl.
  • Add vinegar, fish sauce, sugar and salt. Mix it and let sit for  10 mins.
  • Add water and ice cubes.
  • Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
  • Serve it chill with rice or any snacks.               

    No comments:

    Post a Comment