Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Homemade Mango drink


Mango drink /mango juice


Mango, the word itself is as sweet as the fruit. I love mangoes. If summer comes, first I think about mangoes.

Mangoes, will bring back our childhood memories: throwing stones at the mango trees for the cutie mangoes, climbing the tree and running with the mangoes.

Mangoes, will remember me the  summer: long summer afternoons, breezy summer evenings and cool summer nights.

Mangoes, will remember me the summer days spend with my cousins, having mangoes after every meal.

Mangoes, will remember me the tender mango leaves and the kuku birds.



Mangoes, will remember me the get together parties under the mango trees in the green rice fields.

Whenever I pass the green fields with mango trees I feel that, mango trees stood straight with there heads facing upwards with pride with lots of sweet and beautiful mangoes.

Whenever I smell the sweet ripen mango, I feel like I am out of the world.

Mango drink /mango juice

 
Ingredients:
  • 9 Mangoes 
  • 4 - 5 cups Sugar
  • 2 cups Water
  • 2 drops Mango essence(optional)
  • 1/4 tsp Citric Acid/ Nimma uppu
Method:


  • Wash and peel mangoes. 
  • Cut mangoes and blend them into puree. (If need add little bit water)
  • For each cup puree we have to use  1 or 1.5 cup sugar.
  • For 4 1/2 cup puree I took 5 cups sugar.
  • Add sugar and water to a pan and cook till 1 string consistency.
  • Then add mango pulp and cook until a boil. 
  • After one boil add mango essence and citric acid. mix well.
  • Switch off the stove and let it cool.
  • Pour this in a clean bottle and keep in fridge.
Serving:
  • Mix 2 tsp to a glass of water or milk and serve chilli. (Mix as per your taste)
  • Make pops my adding milk.

Tip:
  • If sugar is not sweeter add more sugar or add less sugar and add honey will serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment