Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Bendakaya Pachadi (Okra/Lady's Finger Chutney)


Bendakaya Pachadi (Okra/Lady's Finger Chutney)

Today's recipe is Bendakaya Pachadi (Okra/Lady's Finger Chutney). I can guess what you are thinking, it will be very sticky, right. I too had the same opinion until I tasted this tasty lady's finger chutney. I like the stickiness, but I felt it will be very sticky than okra fry or curry. But now,  as a Roti pachadi/chutney lover I  am so happy as I can make one more tasty chutney. I saw this recipe on sirisfood blog, she explained it very interestingly and gave a tip that adding curd to okra will reduce it's sticky nature. Thanks alot to siri for sharing such a tasty chutney recipe and the tip. I followed her tip and it turned out so good.The only change I made is added more green chillies instead of spice powder. 

Serves: 2
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:
  • Bendakaya/Okra/Lady's Finger - 12
  • Onion - 1,small
  • Tomato -  1
  • Green Chillies - 5
  • Avalu/Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
  • Fenugreek seeds/Menthulu - 10
  • Jeera/Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
  • Urad dal/ Minapappu - 1 tsp
  • Channa dal/Senagapappu - 1 tsp
  • Curry leaves - 1 spring
  • Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Curd - 1 tbsp
  • Oil - 2 tablespoon
Preparation:
  • Chop Onions, tomatoes, chillies and Okra. (No need to chop them finely)
  • Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, urad dal, channa dal and fry till turn golden. Now add onion, chillies and curry leaves and fry till onion turn brown.
  • Add okra and curd and fry till there is no raw smell, add tomatoes and cook till they turn soft.
  • Cool the mixture and grind. No need to add water.
  • Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment