Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Kabuli Chana Palak Curry ( Chick Pea Spinach Curry)



Kabuli Chana Palak Curry ( Chick Pea Spinach Curry)


Simple and quick... This is what I felt  after preparing Palak Chana curry....
Green sky with yellow stars...  This is what I felt after looking Palak chana curry.....
Finger licking and delicious.... This is what I felt after tasting it....

Few months back, when I am goggling, I saw this name palak chana. This name attracted me very much as I never tried chana in palak and heard of it. I want to give it a try as I love both spinach and chickpea. Finally, after few months, I made this curry as a side for puri and my hubby loved it. 

I made this curry very simple. Make Puree out of spinach. Make sauce with onion, tomato and spinach puree and add some spice powders and finally chickpeas. Simple and tasty side for any Indian bread.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
Ingredients:
  • Boiled Chickpeas/Chana - 1 cup (fresh/canned)
  • Spinach/Palak - 4 cups
  • Onion - 1
  • Tomato - 2
  • Green chillies - 5
  • Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
  • Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
  • Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Coriander powder - 1 tsp
  • Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp or to taste ( I am using homemade)
  • Oil - 1 tbsp
  • Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp 
Preparation:
  • Soak chana for 5 hours and cook them.
  • Grind spinach and green chillies adding little water and keep aside.
  • Heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds, when they start spluttering, add chopped onions, turmeric and little salt and cook till transparent.
  • Add ginger-garlic paste and cook for 2 minutes and add tomatoes and cook till soft.
  • Add spinach puree, mix and cook for 5 minutes. (if require add little water)
  • Add all the spice powders except garam masala and cook until oil oozes out.
  • Add chickpeas and garam masala and cook for 2 minutes.
  • Serve with roti, chapati or puri.




No comments:

Post a Comment