Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Roasted Cauliflower Manchurian


Roasted Cauliflower Manchurian

I wish, I could hop from star to star....
I wish, I could hug the moon....
I wish, I could kiss the cloud....
I wish, I could fly like a bird.....
I wish, I could swim in the ocean like a fish....
I know all these are dreams, but I love dreaming.
I wish, I could have healthy food and I know I can make any recipe healthy.
I love Indo-chinese food mostly manchurian recipes. I really want to enjoy, but the only concern is it is deep fried. So as I know I can make any  recipe healthy, I roasted my cauliflower in oven just with a tablespoon of oil and another tablespoon of oil to make sauce and enjoyed my tasty manchurian without any fear.

Ingredients:
  • Cauliflower - 1, Medium size
  • All purpose flour/Maida - 1 cup
  • Corn flour or Rice flour - 2 tbsp
  • Pepper powder - 1 tsp
  • Salt to taste
For Sauce:
  • Garlic cloves - 2, finely chopped
  • Ginger - 1 t, finely chopped
  • Onion - 1/2, chopped
  • Chillies - 5, chopped (adjust to taste)
  • Soy Sauce - 1 tbsp ( I used light soy sauce, to get dark color use dark soy sauce)
  • Vinegar - 1/2 tsp
  • Tomato Sauce - 1 tsp
  • Sugar - 1/2 tsp
  • Salt to taste
  • Pepper powder to taste
  • Corn flour - 1 tsp
  • Water or Veg Stock - 1/2 cup 
  • Oil - 1 tbsp
Preparation:
  • Preheat oven to 400 F (200 degree Celsius).
  • Line a foil in a oven proof pan and spray 1 tablespoon oil.
  • Mix all purpose flour, salt and papper and add water to make batter. Batter should not be too thin.
  • Add cauliflower florets to the batter and pick up one floret, drain the excess batter and place them in a oven proof pan and bake them in preheated oven about 30 minutes, until cauliflower turn tender inside and golden brown outside turning them in between.
  • Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and fry for a minute and add onion and chillies and fry till onion turn little tender.
  • Add soy sauce, vinegar, tomato sauce, pepper powder, sugar and salt. Mix well and fry for a minute. (I made it dry by skipping the remaining process, if you want wet continue the remaining process by adding stock)
  • Add water or stock and coo for 2 minutes.
  • Mix corn flour with water and mix that paste with sauce and cook till sauce thickens and add roasted cauliflower and cook for 2 minutes and adjust salt and serve hot.



No comments:

Post a Comment