Monday, December 8, 2014

Fried Rice With Brown Rice


Fried Rice With Brown Rice
Fried Rice and sprouts Apple Salad

Finally, started having brown rice. From many days I want to change my rice. I planned to change my food habits like having more water, fresh juice, fruits and want to include more salads in my meals. But still trying. My inspiration for my change is my sweet sis. Thanks to her. Few years back, I really don't like brown rice as it is always heard to take healthy food. But now I love it. I want to introduce it to my hubby and kid. As first impression is the best, I prepared fried rice. They both loved it. Brown rice will taste good when it is hot and the rice itself will be tasty so we can use less salt.
Coming to it's richness, it is high in Fiber, Selenium, Manganese, Natural oils and proteins are some of them. 

Fried Rice With Brown Rice

Serves : 2
Ingredients:
  • Brown Rice - 1/2 cup
  • Carrot - 1, small
  • Boiled Sweet Corn - 1/4 cup
  • Cabbage - 1/4 cup
  • Boiled Green Peas - 1/4 cup
  • Onion - 1/2
  • Green Chillies - 4
  • Garlic Cloves - 5
  • Light Soy Sauce - 2 tbsp or Dark Soy sauce - 1 tsp
  • Salt to taste
  • Egg - 2 (optional)
  • Oil - 1 tbsp
Preparation:
  • Wash brown rice and cook with 1.5 cup water or as directed on the pack. Let it cool. Can also use leftover rice.
  • Heat oil in a pan, add chopped garlic and saute for few seconds and carrot, green chillies and fry for 3 minutes.
  • Add onion, cabbage, Peas and corn and cook till they are half done.
  • Add cooked rice,soy sauce and salt. Mix well and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
  • Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment