Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Cauliflower Crust Pizza


Cauliflower Crust Pizza


Once upon a time, wait, I am starting a story and I think I must give a introduction right. This story is about a girl and her love. That girl is me and the hero of the story is very popular and those who reading this is very familiar with him. Any guesses? OK, I will tell. He is none other than "PIZZA". I Love Pizza like many other. I merely remember the day first I came to know about pizza by a girl, who is my roommate and she is from a city which is Capital to Andhra pradesh state, once upon a time, again and now joint Capital to Telangana State and Seemandhra State. Many thinks changed but my love over him didn't.


Cauliflower Crust Pizza


I came to know about pizza when I am in Intermediate also known as High school. You may get a doubt, until then what I did without knowing him. I am a small town girl, "small world". Mine is not love at first sight and love at first taste. It seemed to me like vegetable Uttapam, a thick crepe topped with vegetables. But second time, I feel in love and started enjoying the soft crust, spicy and tangy sauce, juicy vegetables and perfectly covered with melted cheese.

Whenever we have some special occasion and want to celebrate, first thing we think about food. What food to prepare or which restaurant we have to go? If we want to celebrate with our friends we will think about fast food. Whenever you think about fast food What food you think off? I will think about crispy pizza... We all have special occasions, but do you agree that pizza made some special occasions like the days we bunk college, went to pizza corner, chit-chatting with our close buddies, sharing yummy pizza.... Having pizza with our family members and fighting with our brother or sister about the last piece of it....

You may think it is a happy ending love story, right. But not, My story had a villain, but a good guy. He is non other than "Health Consciousness". I started thinking how to meet him and finally got the solution in the from of Cauliflower. I googled and got this recipe and searched many blogs, thanks to all of them and finally made it and loved it. This time not only me but my hubby also fell in love with Cauliflower Crust Pizza. Finally, it's happy ending.....

Makes : Small Pizza
Serves : 3

Ingredients

  • Cauliflower Head - 1, Medium Size (I got 1.5 cup grated cauliflower)
  • Parmesan Cheese - 1/4 cup (* see note)
  • Large Egg - 1, Lightly beaten
  • Garlic - 1 tsp, chopped
  • Dry Basil - 1/2 tsp
  • Dry Oregano - 1 tsp
  • Salt - 1/4 tsp
  • Pizza Sauce and Veggies of choice for topping

Preparation



  • Clean cauliflower florets with water and dry them. Grate the cauliflower and roast it in a pan on medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes until there is no smell and let it cool.  
  • Preheat oven to 450 degree F.
  • Grease a pan or pizza pan with olive oil or use a parchment paper. We have to grease the pan very well as the crust will stick.
  • Mix egg, Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, garlic, salt to cauliflower and mix well. 
  • Pour this mixture onto a prepared pan or pizza pan and spread evenly.
  • Bake it for 15 minutes or until the crust turn golden brown.

Serving Ideas:

  • Top the crust with any sauce and vegetables and cheese if want and  broil till cheese melt.
  • If don't like cheese, saute veggies and top the pizza. No need of broiling.
  • I topped with mushroom, you can use any veggies you like.
  • I don't like to add cheese so sprinkled little cheese on top.

   
*Note

  • We can add more cheese upto 1 cup if want, but I cut the amount.
  • We can also add mozzarella cheese or any Italian blend cheese mix. 
  • We can also add low fat cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment