Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Semiya/Vermicelli Chicken Pulao with Coconut Milk




HI Guys, It's been very long since I posted any recipe in my blog. Little busy all these days with my cute little pie Sahsara, who entered into my life 10 months back and changed my whole life. Now handling two princesses is a tough beautiful job for me. I badly missed my blog all these days, but don't have time to spend. Today, I want to post something easy and simple, so started thinking........

While I am thinking,  what to post on by blog, I heard some sounds like someone knocking at my door. When I opened my door, some unaccepted guests entered my house. Me and saanvi are so exited by looking at them, Ice pellets. It's raining heavily along with these frozen rain drops.

What next, the weather was beautiful. Next comes food. I think some simple, tasty, spicy food accompany this weather. While thinking what to prepare (the hardest job), this came to my mind. Pulao, who don't like pulao, not me, I love pualo's. So made this simple pulao and enjoyed watching my favorite television series on Netflix(only for 10 minutes :-)). That 10 minutes is gold mine to any Mom, right. As a Mom, we think about one person the most, about our Mom. Miss my mom so badly. What about you?





Oops, I told so many things except the recipe name. I simply mentioning pulao, so many times. It's chicken semiya pulao. Don't have chicken, but want to prepare yummy semiya pulao. Not a problem, clicking Here and check my vegetable semiya pulao.

Ingredients

  • Chicken - 1 lb
  • Semiya / Vermicelli - 2 cups
  • Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
  • Star anise - 2
  • Cardamom - 2
  • Cloves - 3
  • Cinnamon stick - 1 inch
  • Nutmeg - 1/4 piece
  • Mace flower - 1
  • Kapok/Marati Moggu - 2
  • Bay leaf - 1
  • Mint leaves 
  • Coriander leaves
  • Oil - 2 Tbsp
  • Ghee - 1 to 2 Tbsp
  • Salt to taste
  • Water or coconut milk - 2.5 to 3 cups (Amount of water used will vary depending on the amount of water oozed out  from the chicken. Add less water. If u feel semiya not cooked well then add some more water)

      For Chicken Marination

  • Ginger-garlic paste - 2 tsp
  • Chili powder - 1 tsp
  • Coriander powder - 1.5 tsp
  • Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Garam  masala - 1/2 tsp or to taste
  • salt  

       Veggies

  • Onion - 1/2
  • Green Chilies - 2 to 4 (Depending on the spice level)
  • Cauliflower, carrot, capsicum, potato - 1.5 cup ( we can also add tomato and french beans)

 Preparation

  • Take a pan, add a tbsp oil and roast semiya and keep aside.
  • Cut all the veggies, slit the green chilies.
  • Marinate the chicken with ingredients under marination and keep aside for at least for one hour.(Marination will reduce the cooking. Chicken will be soft)

Let's Prepare 

  • Heat oil and ghee in a pan and add all the ingredients under masala and fry for 1 minute.
  • Add chicken and all the veggies, mint leaves and cook till chicken is almost done. 
  • Add water or coconut milk (I used coconut milk). When water is boiling, add semiya, stir, place the lid and cook till semiya is done. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment