Friday, July 25, 2014

Pepper Mushroom

I came to know about this recipe from a chef, two years back. He is brother to my childhood teacher, he used to tell me recipes and some tips in cooking. He gave me the pepper mushroom recipe and told me to try it as it will be very tasty, but I never tried it as my hubby don't like pepper. Two days back when I am reading a magazine, I came across this recipe. But this time I want to give it a try atleast for one time. Finally, I prepared it and for my surprise, it was a big hit with my husband. He told me that the combination of mushroom and pepper was very good.
                                In this recipe, we will coarsely grind the pepper, garlic and cumin and add the masala at last. This masala is the key to this recipe, which gives the flavorful taste and aroma.

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 kg Mushroom 
  • 1 Onion
  • 1 Tomato
  • 1/2 Capsicum(optional)
  • 1 tsp Ginger-garlic paste 
  • 4 Garlic pods
  • 1 Chilli
  • 1 tsp Coriander powder
  • 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric
  • 1 tsp Oil
  • 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
  • Salt as per taste
  • 1tsp Pepper corns
  • 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
  • 1 tsp Lemon Juice
  • 1 Spring Curry leaves

Method:

  • Coarsely grind garlic pods, pepper and cumin seeds. Keep aside. (I like garlic with skin, if you don't like remove it).

  • In a pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds, curry leaves, onion, chilli, capsicum and fry till onions are transparent.
  • Then add tomato pieces and ginger-garlic paste, fry them.
  • Add mushroom pieces and cover with lid.
  • When mushrooms are cooked, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and cook mushrooms gravy without placing lid, until water evaporates. Add pepper mixture and mix and cook for 2 min.
  • Finally add lemon juice and serve.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment