Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Fish Cutlet


Fish Cutlet / Fish Patties

This is my first time preparing snack with fish. I always make fish curry and fry but this time I want to try new fish recipe for my kid as she love fish very much. I tried these simple, quick, mouth watering, delicious cutlets. It was a big hit with my family and my hubby told me these are the best cutlets he ever tasted. Wings on my back :-). Last but not least my kid loved them too....

Ingredients:
  • Fish - 4 pieces
  • Potatoes - 3
  • Peas - 1/4 cup
  • Onion - 1/2 
  • Chillies - 1 (optional)
  • Garlic - 2 pods, chopped
  • Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Cumin-coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
  • Bread crumbs -  1/4 cup 
  • Oil as required
  • Salt to taste
Preparation:
  • Clean fish and steam it or heat a pan cook fish without adding oil. Fish oozes out water which will be sufficient to cook fish.
  • Boil potatoes, peas and chop onions and chillies. 
  • Method:
  • Mash potatoes, fish and peas.
  • Add chopped onion, chilli and all the remaining ingredients except oil and mix well.
  • Make small to medium size balls with the fish-potato mixture and press them into cutlets.
  • Heat a pan and add little oil and fry them on both sides until they turn brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment