Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pachi Boppaya Nuvvula Kura / Raw Papaya Curry with Sesame seed Powder



Pachi Boppaya Nuvvula Kura / Raw Papaya Curry with Sesame seed Powder

Before, I never tried raw papaya curry. I saw these green cuties in Indian grocery stores, but never got the thought of making curry. Last Sunday, I went to my friend Asha's house then she gave me raw papaya and told me to prepare curry. As I don't know how to prepare it, I asked my mom and she told me this tasty recipe. It is similar to the preparation of bottle gourd with sesame seed powder. Thanks for both of them, otherwise I would miss this tasty curry.

Raw papaya is packed with Vitamins and phytonutrients. It contain vitamin  A,C, E and B.It improves digestion and the uptake of nutrients, raising enzyme levels and improving assimilation.

Serves : 3 to 4 persons
Total Time : 40  min

Ingredients:
  • Raw Papaya - 1 small
  • Onion - 1 small
  • Green Chillies - 2
  • Avalu / Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
  • Chana dal - 1/2 tsp
  • Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp 
  • Oil - 2 tsp
  • Salt to taste
  • Curry leaves - 10
Ingredients for Masala:
  • Sesame seeds / Nuvvulu - 2 tsp
  • Dry red chilli - 5 (adjust to taste)
  • Peanuts - 2 tsp
  • Cumin seeds / Jeera - 1/2 tsp
  • Dry Coconut Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Preparation:
  • Dry roast peanuts and dry red chillies. When peanuts are completely roasted, add cumin seeds and roast for a min and add sesame seeds and fry until they splutter. Then add dry coconut powder and fry and let it cool.
  •  Grind them into powder and keep aside.
  • Mean while chop papaya into small pieces and boil them (they will turn transparent) and keep aside. Chop onions and chillies.









Method:
  • Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, when they splutter add chana dal and curry leaves, fry until chana dal turns golden brown.
  • Now add onion, chillies, turmeric powder and fry until onion turn transparent.
  • Add boiled papaya pieces and cook for 3 min.
  • Add ground masala and salt and cook for 5 min and switch off the stove.

  • Enjoy with plain rice or chapati. 

Pachi Boppaya Nuvvula Kura / Raw Papaya Curry with Sesame seed Powder

No comments:

Post a Comment