Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Soy Chunk Tikki / Meal Maker Cutlet (Pan Fried)



Soy Chunk Tikki / Meal Maker Cutlet (Pan Fried)

Some foods like mushroom and soy chunks are vegetarians entertainers. Not only vegetarians, but every one will enjoy these. Soy chunks are textured vegetable protein. The dry ingredient left over after extracting oil from soy beans is pressed into cubes. These cubes are soy chunks. Soy chunks are high in proteins and are very good for those who don't eat meat. 

I came to know about these when I am in hostel. Every Thursday, they used to make soy chunk pulao as breakfast, which is everyone's favorite. Not only me, my hubby also love them. But these days, I am not using them in my meal, so I want to make soy chunk paratha to my hubby. But I changed my mind and made soy chunk tikki. 


Soy Chunk Tikki / Meal Maker Cutlet (Pan Fried)

We can also use soy granules. I have soy chunks, so I grind them coarsely after soaking them. These soy chunk tikki's will be great for burger. I am frying  soy chunk granules to avoid deep fry. These are a big hit with my family and friends.

Soy Chunk Tikki / Meal Maker Cutlet (Pan Fried)

Yield : 20 Tikki's
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 35 minutes
Ingredients:
  • Soya chunks - 1 cup
  • Aloo/Potato - 1 large
  • Onion - 1 small
  • Green Chillies - 3
  • Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
  • Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
  • Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
  • Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
  • Coriander powder - 1 tsp
  • Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
  • Oil - 2 tbsp and 1/4 cup to fry tikki's.
  • Salt to taste
  • Egg white's - 2 (If don't like to use egg, mix wheat flour with water and use it)
  • Bread crumbs - 1/2 cup 
Preparation:
  • Soak soya chunks in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain the water and wash soy chunks and squeeze the water from soy chunks. Coarsely grind them in blender and keep aside.
  • While soy chunks are soaking, boil potato and mash it.
Method:
  • Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add chopped onions, chillies and turmeric powder.
  • After 2 minutes add ground soy chunks and ginger-garlic paste and fry for 5 to 8 minutes.
  • Mix coriander-cumin powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, salt and coriander leaves and switch off the stove.
  • Add mashed potato and make small balls and press each ball into tikki.
  • Dip each tikki in egg white and coat with bread crumbs and fry tikki's on both sides until brown drizzling oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment