Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Rava/Semolina Payasam


Rava/Semolina Payasam

Lot of travels and special occasions made me very busy this month.  Yesterday is very special day for me and want to make a dessert, but very tired with traveling. When I am thinking what dessert to do and digging my mind I found  one recipe. Not only me but for any Indian when they want to make simple and easy dessert, the recipe that strike in the mind is kheer which is known as Payasam in Telugu. Payasam is very easy to prepare, whether it is made with Vermicelli or Rava/Semolina or Broken Wheat or Veggies like Bottle gourd, carrot or Fruits like apple. 
I went to kitchen as I want to make vermicelli payasam, but found that I am out of vermicelli so made Rava Payasam.

Serves : 4 to 5
Ingredients:
  • Rava/Semolina - 3 Tbsp
  • Milk - 4 cups (I am using 2% milk, if using whole milk add 3 cups milk and 1 cup water)
  • Sugar - 1/4 cup or to taste
  • Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Cashews and Raisins - 2 tbsp
  • Ghee - 1 Tbsp
Methods:
  • Heat  ghee in a pan, roast cashews and raisins and keep them aside.
  • To the same pan add rava/semolina and roast until golden color on medium heat stirring continuously.
  • Add milk slowly without forming lumps by stirring.
  • Cook for 5 minutes and add sugar and cardamom powder and cook until sugar dissolves.
  • Garnish with cashews and raisins and serve.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment