Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Fish Tikka



Fish Tikka
Fish Tikka and Egg Biryani


It's been 1 year since I started my beautiful blog journey. Thanks a lot to my family, friends and my blog friends who are supporting me. When I started my blog I don't have much knowledge about blogging, only I had was so much love for food. My hubby helped me a lot in developing the blog and my kiddo supported me a lot when I am busy cooking in kitchen.  Blogging means time, lot of time, cooking, experimenting, cleaning and patience in  making every thing perfect. In my 1 year blog journey I met some bloggers and went through hundreds of blogs and learn so much from them. There are busy moms, working women but always show there love to food. 



Fish Tikka


Whenever we want to celebrate some occasion, first we think of food. So I am celebrating my 1 year journey with fish tikka.  I grew up in coastal region watching my Mom preparing sea food mainly different types of fishes. More than eating I love watching fish cleaning. I had many memories, so I planned to make fish tikka to make this happy moment more memorable. 


Take all the ingredients in a bowl, mix and check salt.


Clean fish and make into pieces and wipe them with towel.


Chop veggies


Add fish pieces to the prepared masala and mix well.


Add veggies to the same bowl and mix well.


Thread them to skewer and bake in oven.


Serves - 2
Ingredients

  • Fish Fillet - 1
  • Thick Curd - 1/4 cup
  • Ginger-garlic paste - 1.5 tsp
  • Red chili powder - 1 tsp
  • Kashmiri red chili powder - 1 tsp (For color)
  • Coriander-Cumin powder - 1 tsp
  • Tikka Masala - 2 tsp (We can use chicken or fish tikka masala. If don't have tikka masala                                         add garam masala to taste)
  • Salt to taste
  • Oil - 3 to 4 Tbsp

Veggies

  • Onion - 1/2
  • Small Capsicum - 1
  • Tomato - 1

Preparation

  • Remove the seeds from tomato and capsicum and cut all the veggies into medium size pieces.
  • Clean fish fillet and make into medium size pieces.
  • Mix all the above ingredients except fish and check salt.
  • Now add fish pieces and coat them with the marination.
  • Now add veggies and mix. Keep in fridge for 15 minutes or until you use them.
  • If using wood skewers, soak them in water for an hour to prevent them for burning. Place silver foil in oven proof pan. (This make cleaning easy)
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Thread the fish pieces and veggies and arrange them in the pan and place the pan in the oven.
  • Cook them for 20 to 25 minutes by rotating them in between.
  • Serve them hot with some salad.

Fish Tikka

No comments:

Post a Comment