Sunday, June 28, 2015

Mango Salsa


Mango Salsa


Mango, the word itself is as sweet as the fruit. I love mangoes. If summer comes, first I think about mangoes.

Mangoes, will bring back our childhood memories: throwing stones at the mango trees for the cutie mangoes, climbing the tree and running with the mangoes.

Mangoes, will remember me the  summer: long summer afternoons, breezy summer evenings and cool summer nights.

Mangoes, will remember me the summer days spend with my cousins, having mangoes after every meal.

Mangoes, will remember me the tender mango leaves and the kuku birds.

Mangoes, will remember me the get together parties under the mango trees in the green rice fields.

Whenever I pass the green fields with mango trees I feel that, mango trees stood straight with there heads facing upwards with pride with lots of sweet and beautiful mangoes.

Whenever I smell the sweet ripen mango, I feel like I am out of the world.


Mango Salsa


Fresh, colorful mango salsa can be served with taco chips or with grilled  fish or chicken. It is very easy to prepare. Salsa means sauce in Spanish and there are many varieties in salsa like tomato salsa, corn salsa, mango salsa, pineapple mango salsa..........   

Ingredients

  • Mangoes -  3
  • Plum or Cherry Tomatoes - 10 
  • Chopped Red Onion - 1 Tbsp
  • Jalapeno - 1 tbsp, chopped or to taste
  • Coriander leaves or Cilantro - 1 Tbsp, finely chopped
  • Mint - 1 tsp or to taste, finely chopped
  • Lemon juice - 1 tbsp

Preparation

  • Cut mangoes into cubes.
  • Chop the remaining ingredients. 
  • Combine all the ingredients and serve with chips or have it as a salad.

1 comment: