Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Korean Vegetable Pancake / Yachaejeon


Vegetable Pancake / Yachaejeon

As my kid is a picky eater I try some or other way to feed her more vegetables. Last time I prepared potato pancakes / Gamjajeon and my kid liked them very much. So now I prepared Korean Vegetable pancake / Yachaejeon which is also an Korean pancake.Sometime I feel that I climbed the Everest when I made my kid eat healthy food. May be not only me, all the mothers feel the same I think. She told me they were nice. Not only my kid, but I too love these pancakes.

Vegetable Pancake / Yachaejeon

These pancakes are very easy to prepare. We can also add butter milk to make the batter. Next time I want to prepare these pancakes using multi grain wheat flour to make them more healthy. We can also add french beans, and Asian chives .

Vegetable Pancake / Yachaejeon

Yield: 6
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time : 20 min.

Ingredients:
  • All purpose flour - 1  cup
  • Water - 1.5  cup
  • Green onion - 10
  • Carrot - 1
  • Medium size Potato - 1  
  • Onion - 1/2 (optional)
  • Zucchini - 1/2 cup ( I did have in hand so I skipped it)
  • Cabbage - 1/4 cup
  • Salt to taste
  • Pepper to taste
  • Red chilli flakes - 1/2 tsp (optional)


Method:
  • Chop all the veggies lengthwise like long thin strips.


  • Mix flour, water, salt and pepper and mix. Now add chopped veggies to the batter.





  • Heat a pan, put oil and spread the vegetable batter and fry until it turn golden brown.




  • Flip to another side and press it down with a spoon and fry till crisp. (I fried them soft for my kid) 


  • Serve with soy dipping sauce or sauce of your choice. 
  • For soy dipping sauce mix vinegar, soy sauce and sesame seeds.







No comments:

Post a Comment