Monday, September 8, 2014

Oatmeal Banana Muffins without Butter and Oil


Oatmeal Banana Cupcake without Butter

My little cook saanvi love baking cupcakes. For Father's day she helped me baking butterscotch oatmeal cupcakes for her father. From a week she asking me that she want cupcakes. So I decided to do some cupcakes for her. But I am worried what cupcakes to do to please her....
... I found some ripe bananas in my pantry, then my mind took rest and my hands started working. With the help of my little baker I baked these healthy, delicious "Oatmeal Banana Cupcakes without Butter".
These day's I became little bit health conscious, more than that I love cupcakes made with oats flour than all purpose flour :-) so I am using oatmeal flour and avoiding butter and oil for baking my cakes and cupcakes. But if you want to add butter, add butter  in place of milk. You can also use all-purpose flour in place of oatmeal flour.

Oatmeal Banana Cupcake without Butter

Yield : 12
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time : 25 min 

Ingredients:
  • Oatmeal Flour - 2 cups
  • Ripe Banana - 3
  • Honey - 1/4 cup or Sugar - 3/4 cup. (I tried both honey and sugar)
  • Egg - 2
  • Milk - 1/4 cup
  • Salt - pinch
  • Baking Powder - 1 tsp
  • Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
  • Walnuts - 2 tsp, chopped (optional) 



Method:
  • Preheat oven to375 F heat . Grease muffin cups or line with paper liners.


  • In a bowl beat eggs and in another bowl mash banana and keep aside.

  • In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
  • Now mix flour with eggs, milk, mashed banana and vanilla extract.
  • Add Chopped walnuts.


  • Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full of batter.


  • Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.


Oatmeal Banana Cupcake without Butter


Note:
  • Muffins will have less shelf life as we use fruits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment