Sunday, July 27, 2014

Schezwan Fried Rice

                                  Schezwan fried rice is an indo-chinese dish.This dish will be slightly sweet and spicy. First time, I had schezwan noodles at a restaurant, but they are very bad in taste and I thought I would never try it again. But second time, I went to another restaurant and my dad ordered schezwan chicken curry and I told him I don't want to try it. But my dad told me  it is very tasty, and I should try atleast a spoon of that. For my father I had a spoon of it and didn't stop eating that, until I finished the curry. I came to know the real taste of schezwan. If you are a spicy lover, you love this recipe, make sure you prepare more because this schezwan fried rice taste damn good...

Schezwan fried rice

Ingredients:
1cups rice ( I like normal rice, but can also use basmati)
1/2 inch ginger
7-8 garlic pods
3 tsp schezwan sauce (adjust sauce as per your taste)
1 tsp dark soy sauce (if using light soy sauce, use 3-4 tsp)
1 tsp pepper powder
5-6 tsp oil
salt to taste
Veggies:( Cut veggies as you like, I chopped them finely)

1 carrot
1 bell pepper ( I used 1/2 red, 1/2 green 1nd 1/2 yellow capsicum)
1/2 cup cabbage
10 green beans
1 onion
3 green chillies (optional)
Method:
Cook rice and cool it. ( for 1 cup rice use 2 cups water)

Heat oil in a wok, add ginger, garlic, chopped onions, and chillies and fry on a high flame.
Add carrot and bean. don,t overcook they must remain crunchy.
Add capsicum and cabbage cook for 2-3 min, turn flame to low.
Add pepper powder and rice. Mix well.

Add soy sauce, schezwan sauce and salt mix everything till the rice is hot (careful, while adding salt, as sauces already had salt).
Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.







              

No comments:

Post a Comment